Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Lessons I learned From Teaching Teachers

I have now led 3 Flow and Grow Kids Yoga Teacher Trainings over the past year. I am happy to report the trainings are enriching in so many ways. First, I thought it would just be a way to show others how to do what I do. As I worked on to create the manual and develop the content, I realized it would be more than that. I would be a way to empower adult leaders of many walks to reach children specific to their skill sets and backgrounds. It would be a program to adapt for age, ability, setting, duration, intention and much more. It would allow us to match the right teacher to the right group or individual children and to make attainable goals. It would be a program to catalyze self development of both teachers and students.

The training blew me away this past weekend. It exceeded any expectation I had when creating it. The program not only gave the teachers in training the skills they need to be excellent children's yoga teachers, it gave them their very own breakthroughs.

Although there were some tears, they were tears of awakening. One of the participants learned she could benefit from the very same self-love material that was offered in the Therapeutic Yoga section of the book. This is a lesson I myself have learned over and over doing what I do for a living. All the participants recognized where loved lacked in our own self-thinking. As adults who had previously been young girls, we knew that there was plenty of need to reinforce this awakening to offer love and softness to the SELF first to that it can be authentically directed to others. So, by teaching these very lessons to children, we are learning to love ourselves and that in and of itself is enormously invaluable. We felt as if we sent healing back in time to our childhood hurting selves and this began a mature healing process.

There is so much more I can say about this but I will leave it for future entries. I want this simple message to be enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment