Friday, February 1, 2013

Eating Light Eating Yummy!

Getting in shape, or getting back into shape for that matter, doesn't have to taste awful. Start by checking your fridge, and see if you actually have healthy options in there. I recommend keeping 3-5 fresh veggies at a time. If you prefer frozen or canned, that works too. Today I glanced in the fridge and  the options were kale, tomato, mushrooms, avocado, onion and asparagus. I took a bit of each and cut it up. I sauteed it using coconut oil as a healthy alternative to canola or olive oil.

When the veggies were softened, I seasoned and then added  touch of Gorgonzola cheese crumbles and poured in egg whites. In less than 6 minutes, my lunch was ready. I heated two corn tortillas,  a total or 110 calories, and enjoyed the delightful light meal taco style. Jam packed with protein, vitamins and antioxidants and low in calories, fat and cholesterol, I don't feel like I'm being restricted or deprived.

Hot sauce or jalapeños are guilt free add-ons to flavor up the meal!

Try it or something similar and let us know how it turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment