Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Laughing Lotus NYC

I moved to New York City (I know, very exciting) a few days ago. After over a month hiatus of asana practice due to a medical emergency, I have been feeling the gaping hole that a lack of asana and guided physical teachings had left.

I have been internet-stalking Laughing Lotus for months preparing for the move.
I was intrigued because they offer advanced teaching modules, rather than a straight up 300 or 500 hour training, so you can develop yourself as you see fit: Ayurveda, flying, etc.

After having visited a few other unmentionable studios and being very disappointed, you can imagine my relief walking into a beautifully painted, vibed-out love den that is Laughing Lotus.

I called and was assured before my class that the instructor Kenny would be all-level appropriate. I have been worried by my diminished strength and physical and emotional state that an un-attuned teacher may blow past stop signs. I found my serpent spirit alive and ready to ascend. He spoke RIGHT TO IT. He used quotes about opening the self through alignment so the endless power from your SOURCE can be positioned to put right in. I FELT THAT.

His voice, cueing, use pf quotes, fun add-on style flow and amazing sequencing saved me. I broke into heart openers for the first time in weeks and literally hug-cried on him after. The guy even got me into hand stand, a major FEAR and ACCOMPLISHMENT. He just said, "straighten your arms and GO!" He grabbed one leg and I felt held and safe in his presence.

Even the desk staff were AMAZING. They were patient with my thousand questions and endless feedback and yes, TEARS!

If you are in NYC, stop by Laughing Lotus or check them out i Brooklyn and Cali.
I got the month trial for only $39!

More reasons to visit me in NYC.

ENDLESS GRATITUDE,

Lara

No comments:

Post a Comment