Sunday, March 9, 2014

Take a breather, be a LEADER


On a whim I decided to take a vacation to Nicaragua. I had been working, focusing, doing doing doing with limited time off for 54 weeks... but who's counting?


At first, I tried to plan a trip out West but it wasn't harmoniously coming into fruition so instead I jumped on an opportunity a friend casually mentioned in passing. Why not seize the day?
I thought about it and decided for me as a proponent of balanced living and wellness, it was hypocritical not to rest and recuperate. I'm constantly reminding my students young and old to rest often and  surrender acts of doing to just be.

That's exactly what I'm doing here. The change of climate and schedule is just what was lacking on my path towards joyful vibrancy.

In a sun and moon universe of balancing opposites, hopefully everyone will dedicate time to mini acts of restful surrender, such as naps, long lunches and weekends home. Deciding to take a week or longer from time to time to kiss the sun, taste the earth's rainbow, meet lovely strangers, dance freely until glowing with joy is just as responsible and forward-thinking as a calculated career change or going back to school.

Can you imagine a world filled with energized humans who take off the masks of daily life to experience it? The rejuvenation will reverberate in waves into our collective work, home and love lives. The people we touch will feel our healed spirits and heal in our presence.



Go on vacation. Be a leader!

No comments:

Post a Comment