Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Discombobulated?

The shifting season from summer to fall is clearly noticeable through our senses. For example, you can smell the crisp air, you can see the changing hues of the foliage and yet there are other underlying invisible shifts within us all. What might it take to notice these?
Today, after waking up at 4:30 in the morning to teach my 6 a.m. class at Inner Strength Studios, I left my cell phone there. I went home to shower and get ready for my next stop in Framingham to realize I would have to forfeit my leisurely hour and a half preparation time and head back to Watertown, again. When I called my father afterward and started to explain my responsibilities for the day, I felt discombobulated. 
I've noticed lately that a great deal of my students have been absent, even the ones that traditionally never miss a class. It seems with the added responsibilities of the autumn like school and work, to the shifting season, and all that is changing around us there the mental,  physical or emotional shift within. I paused to ask myself if I was in touch with a sense of inner peace. I noticed I was a little nervous, that I was even talking quickly. So I decided to slow down, take a few deep breaths, take out my notebook and write a few words. Despite what feels like a lot to do and a lot of changes there is a constant within. The purusha inside can simply witness the merry go round that is life and experience. Maybe this isn't your crunch time but one will inevitably arise in the ebb and flow of human existence. Still it seems there are plenty of people who are running in high gear Right Now.
What if we all pause, take a moment to get back in touch with our inner most self? Can we shift from the feeling of chaos and discombobulation (our whatever ails you) to peace and connectedness? Despite the swirl of energy,  built up tension,  and added perceived or real pressures,  can we rediscover our inner sanctuary?
Some excellent ways to get back to self: hit the yoga studio,  take a run,  a meditation break or write your thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment