Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Write it down! Counting accomplishments

I had lunch with a friend today.  Her busy life as a mom of three and student has her feeling like less-than accomplished these days.  She remarked on creating to-do lists several times a day almost obsessively and somehow failing to complete them every single time. She felt like she was missing the mark,  falling short.

She came up with an idea-  instead of a to-do list, to start making a list at the end of the day of all that got done.

It got me thinking about giving ourselves enough kudos for all that we do.  I started considering what I've accomplished these past 12 months since today is the Jewish new year. I was blown away as I began to brainstorm. .. starting a business,  solidifying personal and professional  goals, travel,  family relationships strengthened, growing as a teacher,  reading over 20 books, painting and writing every week and on and on! I felt like I saw myself in a clearer light and acknowledged all I've done. Ahh how nice!

So just for a change,  why not list all your accomplishments rather than stress over to-do lists all day?...and hey, why not verbally or mentally or even on paper or digital media contemplate all you did this past year?

I'm sure you did more than you give yourself credit for.  Go out and try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment